I had originally planned on making Alton Brown's Waffle Recipe but I found this recipe for Pumpkin Waffles and just had to try them.
- 2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white flour & 1 cup wheat flour)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned pumpkin)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teapsoons vanilla
Mix together milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vanilla in one bowl. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice in another bowl. Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and cook on waffle iron according to waffle iron directions.
This post is linked to: