Friday, December 11, 2009

Frugal Friday: Gifts for Less than $10




Finding nice Christmas gifts for less than $10 is very easy but requires some planning. I start shopping for Christmas on 12/26 the year before. This helps to spread out the cost of Christmas over the year instead of over extending ourselves in December. I look for clearance items, FREEBIES at CVS & Walgreens, coupons for FREE or very cheap products at Bath & Body Works & Yankee Candle and more. I also look for nice and cheap baskets at thrift stores & gargage sales. Baskets are usually priced around $.25-$.50 each. I build-up a stockpile over the year and then in December I use these items to put together gift baskets. You can also personalize the baskets with baked goods, family photos, homemade Christmas ornaments and children's art work. Most of the baskets will end up costing around $5each!



(Sorry there are no pictures of the finished baskets, but many of my friends & family read my blog so I don't want to spoil all of the surprises!)



For more frugal Christmas gifts for under $10 visit Frugal Friday at Life as Mom.

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Life as Mom - and I'm right there with you shopping on 12/26 for the next year! Actually, I've already found some great stuff for next year with some of the sales they are having this year pre-Christms. Enjoyed reading your blog and didn't want to be a "lurker"! :-) Blessings and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. I shop like this too and am glad to see others join in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...