- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 2/3 cup warm Water
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Mix together the flour, sugar and salt. Add all the ingredients to the Bread Machine pan according to the manufacturers instructions. Set to dough cycle.
- Remove dough from Bread Machine when the cycle is complete.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a log and then connect the ends in a circle.
4. Fill a skillet with 1 inch of water and add 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon white sugar. Heat water until it is simmering.
5. Add bagels (4-5 at a time) and cook for 3 minutes. Flip bagels over and cook for another 2 minutes. Flip bagels again and cook for 1 minute.
6. Remove bagels from skillet and place on a towel to drain.
7. Place bagels on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 20 -25 minutes at 375 degrees.
For more Food Gift ideas visit Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.