Monday, May 3, 2010

Booking It in 2010


I would like to read more books.  It seems like I am always encouraging my son Connor to read but I am not setting a good example myself.  We started homeschooling early this year and in April I added a 15 minute reading time to our day.  Connor is a very advanced reader and is able to read books on his own so he spends 15 minutes a day reading and then we discuss what he read.  While he is reading, I have started reading too.  School will be over for the year soon but I hope to continue the 15 minute reading time all summer.  Our local public library has a Summer Reading Program so I will try to incorporate this program into our reading time.

Here is the list of books I would like to read by the end of the year.

  1. Breaking the Worry Habit... Forever! by Elizabeth George
  2. Amish Peace: Simple Wisdom for a Complicated World by Suzanne Woods Fisher
  3. Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey & Stacy McDonald
  4. Believing God by Beth Moore
  5. Bringing Up Boys by James C. Dobson
  6. Square Foot Gardening: Grow More in Less Space by Mel Bartholomew
  7. How to Have More than Enough by Dave Ramsey
  8. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman





I am currently reading Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey & Stacy McDonald.  This book has been such an inspiration for me.  If you are a full-time Homemaker, I highly recommend this book.  It has given me a new perspective and purpose in being a Homemaker, Wife & Mother.  I will never say "I am just a Housewife" again! 







I would like to read Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew next but I am on a waiting list for the book at the library.  Hopefully, it will come soon or I might have to either buy a copy of the book or choose another book to read next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...