I would like to read more books. It seems like I am always encouraging my son Connor to read but I am not setting a good example myself. We started homeschooling early this year and in April I added a 15 minute reading time to our day. Connor is a very advanced reader and is able to read books on his own so he spends 15 minutes a day reading and then we discuss what he read. While he is reading, I have started reading too. School will be over for the year soon but I hope to continue the 15 minute reading time all summer. Our local public library has a Summer Reading Program so I will try to incorporate this program into our reading time.
Here is the list of books I would like to read by the end of the year.
- Breaking the Worry Habit... Forever! by Elizabeth George
- Amish Peace: Simple Wisdom for a Complicated World by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey & Stacy McDonald
- Believing God by Beth Moore
- Bringing Up Boys by James C. Dobson
- Square Foot Gardening: Grow More in Less Space by Mel Bartholomew
- How to Have More than Enough by Dave Ramsey
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
I am currently reading Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey & Stacy McDonald. This book has been such an inspiration for me. If you are a full-time Homemaker, I highly recommend this book. It has given me a new perspective and purpose in being a Homemaker, Wife & Mother. I will never say "I am just a Housewife" again!
I would like to read Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew next but I am on a waiting list for the book at the library. Hopefully, it will come soon or I might have to either buy a copy of the book or choose another book to read next.