I have made some progress with my reading list this year. So far, I have read Passoniate Housewives Desperate for God (highly recommend this book) by Jennie Chancey & Stacy McDonald and also All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. I really enjoyed the Square Foot Gardening book and you can go here to see my Square Foot Garden. This method of gardening is so simple and does not require a lot of space.
I am currently reading Amish Peace: Simple Wisdom for a Complicated World by Suzanne Woods Fisher. This book has been such an inspiration for me and it has made me stop and think about some of the things that control our lives (time, accumulation of stuff, money, etc.). You do not have to become Amish to simplify your life but we can learn a lot from the way the Amish live. This book is really helping me to set priorities in life and to simplify.
This past month we have made the decision to homeschool Connor this fall so I have added to my reading list. The next book I plan to read is The First Year of Homeschooling Your Child by Linda Dobson. Here is my updated list:
1. Breaking the Worry Habit... Forever! by Elizabeth George
4. The First Year of Homeschooling Your Child by Linda Dobson
5. Bringing Up Boys by James C. Dobson
7. More Than Enough: The Ten Keys to Changing Your Financial Destiny by Dave Ramsey
8. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman