We love Spaghetti at our house! This Spaghetti Casserole is easy and delicous. I make these ahead of time and keep them in the freezer for a quick dinner. The casserole goes straight from the freezer to the oven and bakes for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Add some Itailian Bread and a salad and you have an easy dinner with minimal clean-up!
(This recipe makes 2 casseroles and can be easily doubled to make 4)
- 1 package Spaghetti
- 16oz. Cottage Cheese
- 8oz. Sour Cream
- 1lb. Ground Beef or Italian Sausage (or a combination of both)
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 41/2 cups Spaghetti Sauce (homemade or from a Jar)
- 2 Casserole Dishes & 2 small Ziploc Bags
- Cook ground beef and/or sausage in a skillet until browned.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Add cooked ground beef and/or sausage to warm Spaghetti Sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together cottage cheese & sour cream.
- Add 1/2 the cooked spaghetti to each casserole dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese & sour cream mixture on top of the spaghetti in each dish.
- Top each casserole with the meat sauce.
- After the casserole cools, cover and place in the freezer (casserole will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months).
- Place 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese in each of the ziploc bags and attach to the casserole cover.
To Heat the Casserole:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cover from the frozen casserole and bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on top and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with Italian Bread & Salad.