Saturday, April 23, 2011

Stone Cupcakes for Easter

This year the Children's Minister at our church asked me to make treats for all the children on Easter Sunday. He also asked me not to use any secular Easter symbols or characters (bunnies, baby chicks, eggs, etc.).  This was a very BIG challenge but I finally came up with the idea for Stone Cupcakes:

These are yellow cupcakes with green butter cream frosting, a candy stone and a card with the Bible verse John 20:1 (Early on Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance.)


Today my friend & I made 450 Stone Cupcakes!

1 comment:

  1. That's a LOT of cupcakes and a great idea! I'm sure the kiddos will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...