Thursday, July 14, 2011

Frugal Friday: Stock-Up on School/Office Supplies


This is one of my favorite times of year. I love back to school sales! Most of the Back to School Sales start after the 4th of July and run until around Labor Day. This is a great opportunity to stock-up on school, art & office supplies. I purchsase crayons, markers, pencil boxes, glue, glue sticks, scissors, pens, highlighters, dry erase markers, computer paper, construction paper, notebooks, folders, white-out, staplers and more at rock bottom prices! I make sure we have enough supplies for Home School, my home office and art projects until next July. This way I never have to pay full price for school/office supplies. Have you priced school/office supplies lately? I think the regular price on these items is outrageous!! The regular retail price for a 24 count box of Crayola Crayons is $2.89. Yikes! I stocked-up on Crayola Crayons at $0.25 a box. That is a huge savings and it does not take that much money out of my weekly budget.



I also pick-up a copy of the school supply lists (available at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) for our local elementary school. I take extra supplies and put them in bags and label with the appropriate grade level and then deliver them to the school counselor. Hy-Vee (and other stores & churches) have school supply drives in August and I also donate items then.



School supply items such as pencils, erasers, crayons, glue sticks & small notebooks are perfect for Operation Christmas Child boxes.  Stock-up on these items now at rock bottom prices instead of paying full price in December!


This post is linked to:

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I never thought to use the school supply sale mania to stock up for the Xmas boxes!

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...