Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trail Mix Recipe



I have a confession to make.  When I was a child, my family's idea of camping was a cabin on Table Rock Lake complete with electricity, running water, things that go flush in the night, air-conditioning, a refrigerator & cable TV.   This week the theme on Ultimate Recipe Swap is camping food and I considered not participating but then I realized that my Trail Mix recipe would be perfect for this recipe swap.

I have never taken the trail mix on an actual camping trip but it is a great, high energy snack that is perfect for any outing.  Now that I have a son, I will probably make this trail mix when Dad takes him to overnight Scout camp.  However, I will be staying home with electricity, running water, things that go flush in the night, air-conditioning, a refrigerator & Netflix!

Trail Mix
  • 1/2 cup Dried Blueberries
  • 1/2 cup Dried Apricots
  • 1/2 cup Raisins
  • 1/2 cup Dried Cherries
  • 1/2 cup Coconut (optional)
  • 1 cup Sunflower Seeds (unsalted)
  • 1 cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
  • 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans (unsalted)
  • 1/2 cup Almonds (unsalted)
Mix together all ingredients & store in an air-tight container.


This post is linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...