Friday, January 6, 2012

Homemade Automatic Shower Cleaner

 
I love my Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner!! I don't love the cost of refills. I found a recipe for Homemade Automatic Shower Cleaner. This recipe seems to be working very well in our Automatic Shower Cleaners. It smells just like the refills you buy at the store.
 
This solution can also be used in a regular spray bottle if you do not have a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner.
 
 
Here is what you will need:
  • Empty Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner Bottle
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Hydrogen Peroxide
  • Dishwasher Rinse Aid
  • Dish Soap
  • Water
First, remove the cap from the bottle. This is a little tricky and requires a small pair of plyers. Place the plyers around the cap of the bottle and gently squeeze and twist the cap off. Add 1/2 cup Hydrogen Peroxide, 1/2 cup Rubbing Alcohol, 6-8 drops Dish Soap and 2 tablespoons Dishwasher Rinse Aid to the bottle. Fill the bottle with water. Replace the cap (it just twists back on) and gently shake. It is now ready to use!
 
 
This post is linked to:

10 comments:

  1. can this be used in a jacuzzi whirlpool tub/shower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really not sure if this can be used in a jacuzzi whirlpool tub/shower. I would check the manufacturers instructions for cleaning the tub before trying it.

      Delete
  2. Could you please put this on Pintrest? I really am going to try this. Do you think you could use this in a spray bottle and then wipe it all down, instead of in the scrubbing bubbles bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of the different shower cleaners I've seen, this one is definately my favorite! Thanks for sharing your "recipe"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a cheaper option vinegar can be use in place of the rinse aid. I use it in my dishwasher and it works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the idea and I just tried it but could not get the cap from the bottle off. Tried the pliers and nothing, tried opening it with rubber bands and nothing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any way you can place pictures of how you're opening it with the pliers? Maybe I'm doing something wrong or is my old bottle just one of those tough ones that can't be opened? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really have a special way to get the cap off. I just play with it using pliers until it comes off. Some bottles can be more difficult than others. Once I get the cap off the first time then it is usually easy to get off for refills. Try pushing down on the cap (like with a child-proof medicine bottle) while you twist with the pliers.

      Delete
  6. It might be a coincidence, but three days after using this, the motor in the sprayer died (we haven't even had it a year)... :-s

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you put the bottle top in a pan of boiling water for about 45 seconds the top will come off very easily. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chibi,
    I have been a user of Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaners for years. My first one lasted nearly 5 years. I bought a new one and it lasted one week. I wrote the company and they sent me a coupon for a free unit. I didn't have the receipt from the store I purchased it from, so I couldn't take it back there. Thankfully the company that makes these was very understanding and generous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...