One of my favorite ways to save money is by baking my own bread. Not only if it fresh & yummy, but it is so easy. It also costs pennies to make. This is my favorite recipe for bread to make sandwiches and toast.
- 2 cups wheat flour & 3/4 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup 2 tablespoons warm water
- Add ingredients to bread machine pan according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Set bread machine to dough cycle for 1.5lb. loaf.
- When dough cycle is complete, remove the dough and place in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
For more great frugal ideas, visit Frugal Fridays at Life as Mom.