Monday, January 25, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge Update


It is the last week of the Eat from the Pantry Challenge and my pantry & freezer are still well stocked. There are a few things I am almost out of or out of, however I will not be running out of tomato soup any time soon. I am not sure how I ended up with so much tomato soup! I have found some really good recipes that use tomato soup. It feels good to use up some of my stockpile and the food that was quickly approaching expiration. When I bring boxed food items home from the grocery store, the first thing I do is write the expiration date on the top of the box with a sharpie. This makes the expiration date clearly visible and it is less likely to expire before being consumed.



Here are a few our new favorite recipes that we have discovered during the Eat from the Pantry Challenge.



I have also discovered that my family's favorite Sunday lunch is Kraft Macaroni & Cheese and hot dogs. We had that for lunch almost every Sunday even if I had something else on the Menu Plan!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...