Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- 1/2 cup warm milk (70-80 degrees)
- 1/2 cup warm water (70-80 degrees)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Wheat Gluten (available at the grocery store in the baking aisle)
- 2 1/4 heaping teaspoons active dry yeast (I prefer bread machine or rapid rise yeast)
Add all ingredients to your bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions and set on dough cycle.
When dough cycle is complete, place bread dough in a lightly greased loaf pan. Cover and let it rise for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
Bake bread at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan and let it cool completely before storing.