Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ultimate Recipe Swap: Pizza Dough




In the past few years the price of take-out pizza has gone up, a lot! I am not a big fan of the frozen pizza (except for Palermo's) and since take-out pizza is not in the budget very often I have started making my own pizza. I have searched and searched for a pizza dough recipe that I liked and was not able to find one. One day I was flipping through the manual for my bread machine and there was a recipe for pizza dough! I decided to try it and I love it. It is so easy to make and my bread machine even has a 30 minute pizza dough cycle. Here is my favorite pizza dough recipe.


Homemade Pizza Dough


  • 1 1/8 cup Warm Water

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt

  • 2 cups All Purpose Flour (I use unbleached.)

  • 1 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dry active yeast (I use Rapid Rise or Bread Machine yeast.)

Combine all ingredients in your bread machine according to manufacturer's directions and set on dough cycle (or pizza dough cycle if you have it). When the cycle is complete remove from the pan and spread on a lightly greased pizza pan. Top the pizza with your favorite sauce and toppings. Bake pizza at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. here via URS! I haven't seen a pizza dough recipe with whole wheat flour. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole wheat flour is one of my personal modifications. Maybe someday I will make a recipe just as it is written (LOL)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...