Monday, April 26, 2010

Ham & Cheese Casseole Recipe

Please excuse the picture of a half-eaten casserole, but husband and son dished it out while I went to get the camera.  They keep telling me that it is not normal to take a picture of dinner every night.  Is this true??

Ham and Cheese Casserole

  • 3 cups Penne Pasta
  • 2 cups cubed Ham
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 3/4 cup Milk
  • 1/2 cup Sour Cream
  • 1 teaspoon Thyme
  • 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
  • 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Crushed Ritz Crackers
  1. Cook the Penne Pasta according to the package directions.  Drain.
  2. In a large bowl combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, thyme, onion & garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste,cubed ham, 1 cup shredded swiss cheese and 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
  3. Add the cooked & drained pasta to the mixture and stir until it is completely coated.
  4. Add the mixture to a lightly greased 1 qt. Casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute. 
  5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese and crushed ritz crackers on top.
  6. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until hot & bubbly.



This post is linked to:

Tasty Tuesday

Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays

Tuesdays at the Table

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny. My kids are always teasing me about taking pictures of my food. If I make a PB&J or some cheese and crackers or something, they have to say sarcasticly/funny "aren't you going to take a picture of it?". I've taken pictures of half eaten casseroles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbi! I will tell my husband and son that I am not the only one that photographs dinner. Maybe it is normal?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...