Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ultimate Recipe Swap: Miss Daisy's Cherry Salad




This week for Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom we are sharing recipes with nuts. The recipe I am sharing is Miss Daisy's Cherry Salad (don't let the word "salad" fool you). This recipe is from Miss Daisy's Tea Room in Franklin, Tennessee (tea room is no longer there). My Mom discovered this recipe many years ago when we lived in Franklin and it is definitely a family favorite. I love taking this recipe to family gatherings, barbecues, picnics & pot luck dinners. It is always a big hit and I have NEVER brought home any leftovers. Oh, I almost forgot, it is a super easy recipe. Enjoy!





Miss Daisy's Cherry Salad

 
•1 Cool Whip 8oz. Tub
•1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
•3/4 Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
•1 Can Pineapple Chunks (drained)
•1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans



Mix together all ingredients and chill overnight or you can  freeze it in muffin cups.  Just place paper muffin cups on a tray or baking sheet and fill 3/4 full.  Freeze overnight and serve frozen.



For more recipes using nuts & seeds, visit Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds delish! :D I probably would hide it, so I wouldn't have to share. LOL! :D

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really yummy! And I have everything but the cool whip in my pantry right now. . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...