Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 soup can of Water
- 1 packet Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. raw Chicken Breasts of Tenders (cut into pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2/3 cup Milk
1. In a crockpot, combine soup, water and seasoning. Stir and then add chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours.
2. To make the dumplings, combine biscuit mix, cheese and milk. You can make this at the time you use them or you can make them right after filling the crockpot. Then put the dough into the fridge so they are ready to spoon into the crockpot when the time comes. To make the dumplings, scoop out 1 teaspoon portions directly into the crockpot during the last 1/2 hour of cooking time.
3. Cook for 30 minutes without stirring. Serve immediately.
To Prepare this as a Freezer Meal:
Place soup, water, seasoning and chicken into a gallon freezer bag. Mix to combine, label with name, date and cooking instructions and freeze flat in your freezer. To add the dumplings to your frozen kit, drop your 1 teaspoon portions onto a baking sheet. Cover and freeze for about 3 hours. Remove the frozen dumplings from the baking sheet and put them into a small freezer bag. Attach this bag to the outside of the bag with the chicken and add the instruction to put these frozen dumplings directly on top of the chicken during the last hour of cooking time. (Notice...last hour instead of last 1/2 hour since they are frozen and need more time to cook.)
This post is linked to: