Beer Cheese Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion (I use onion powder because we don't like the texture of chopped onion in the soup)
- 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 12oz. Beer ( I use Miller but any kind will work.)
- 1 can Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 cups Half & Half (or substitution here)
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2.Combine the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and stir until smooth. Set aside.
3.Add the half-and-half and shredded cheese to the soup. Stir constantly until the cheese melts. Then stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until the soup is thick (about 2 minutes). Serve with Homemade Sourdough French Bread.
This post is linked to: