This summer we have been reading the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder and these are a perfect after school snack to go along with the books.
Laura's Little Maple Cakes
(from My Little House Cookbook)
1 1/4 cups Flour
1/2 teapsoon Baking Soda
pinch of Salt
1/2 teaspoon Ginger
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt & ginger in a bowl.
3. Combine melted butter, maple syrup, egg & sour cream in a small bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mis until thoroughly blended.
5. Lightly grease the cups in a mini-muffin tin.
6. Fill the mini-muffin cups using two tablespoons, one to scoop the batter and the other to push it off into the tin.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cakes are a light golden color. When the muffins are cool enough to handle, remove from the pans.
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Softened Butter
- pinch of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
2. Decorate each cake by dipping the top of each muffin into the icing and giving it a twist.
This post is linked to: