Monday, January 11, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge Update


We started our Eat from the Pantry Challenge one week ago and so far I have stuck to our meal plan. I planned all of our meals for the month of Januray using only ingredients I have in my pantry or freezer. You can go here to see my list of meals for the month and here to see my weekly menu plan. I did spend $15 at the grocery store last week (go here to see my shopping trip) which is $5 over budget. Hopefully this week I will be able to stay within the $10 a week budget and only purchase dairy and produce.



This is what it looked like in Kansas City last week (and there is still quite a bit of snow left). We also had temperatures below zero and almost all the area schools were cancelled all week. I chose to stay home all week because I do not like to drive in the snow and it was bitterly cold. It is times like these that I really appreciate my stockpile. It is so nice to not have to worry about going to the grocery store in harsh winter weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...