Cheesy Beef & Brown Rice Casserole
- 2 cups Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Cans Tomato Soup
- 1-2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 8-10 Slices Velveeta Cheese (Ameican Cheese or Shredded Cheddar Cheese would also work)
- Prepare the brown rice according to package directions.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet until brown & crumbly. Drain & discard grease.
- Stir in the tomato soup & chili powder.
- Spread 1/3 of the rice in a lightly greased 1 quart casserole dish.
- Cover the rice with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture and top with 3 cheese slices (or shredded cheese).
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
For more recipes using Whole Grains, visit Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.