Monday, January 18, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge Update


I have to say that so far I have really enjoyed the Eat From the Pantry Challenge. It feels good to use up some of my stockpile and make room for future bargains. It has been a lot easier than I expected and I have even found some new recipes that have become family favorites. I had a lot of tomato soup in my pantry and I have been using it in recipes. I haven't used tomato soup for cooking veryoften for cooking but since I had so much I decided to give it a try and search for recipes. I set a goal of $10 a week for my grocery budget and I have been a little over each week but I think that staying under $15 a week for a family of 3 is very good! I am excited to continue the next 2 weeks and I might even add another week or two in February (my pantry and freezer are VERY well stocked).

Total Money Spent on Groceries so far = $26.65

You can go here to see my list of meals for the month and my current week Menu Plan is here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, $10-$15 a week is great! I've been trying to do this challenge and still have to spend $30-$40 because I'm virtually out of meat and one thing or the other to make a full meal. My freezer is almost empty though! Lots of room for some great deals.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...