Friday, May 7, 2010

Super Savings Saturday 5/8

Here are my deals for the week:


I skipped CVS & Walgreens this week.  I purchased a gallon of Robert's Milk (not pictured) at Price Chopper on sale for $3.02 and used a $.55 printable coupon here (registration required).



I am addicted to Planters Seed & Spice Company!  I went back this week to purchase more bulk tea.  Last time I tried the Wild Cherry Tea and it was delicious as iced tea.  This week I purchased 2 more Wild Cherry Tea and also Raspberry Tea, Apricot Tea & Blackberry Tea.  I also purchased 1/2lb. of English Walnuts and some Jalapeno Dip mix.  Planters has a big selection of seeds as well as plants.  I purchased 4 tomato plants and 1 strawberry plant.  I forgot to take a picture of them before I planted them.


If you go to Planters make sure and go around the corner (108 E. Missouri Ave.) to Baby Cakes.  They have the best cupcakes in Kansas City!!!  Connor highly recommends the Chocolate Cupcake with Peanut Butter frosting.

Total Out of Pocket = $27.60



Sunfresh has some great deals this week, especially the Cosentino's Sunfresh stores.  Here is what I purchased:

  • 3 Crystal Farms Shredded Cheese $.99 each

  • 1 package Eckrich Smoked Sausage $1.69

  • Best Choice 10lb. Bag of Potatoes $1.99

  • Cantaloupe $1.99

  • Frozen Ravioli $3.00

  • Westpac Frozen Crinkle Cut Carrots $.99

  • Pop Tarts $.99 each (used $1.25/3 coupon)

  • Angel Soft Bath Tissue $2.99 each (used 2 $.50 printable coupons here that doubled)
I saved $.15 for bringing my own reusable shopping bags.

Total Out of Pocket = $18.18




I made a trip to Hy-Vee Tuesday night to grab a few deals (go here for the current Hy-Vee deals) on the last day of the weekly ad.  The total before coupons was over $50.00.

Total Out of Pocket = $32.48



I received a flyer in the mail last week for an Advance Auto Parts Grand Opening Sale (N. Oak & Barry Rd).  The flyer also had a $10/$25 purchase coupon.  One of the deals in the flyer was 5 quarts of oil and an oil filter for $12.99 (it is $16.99 at other stores).  I purchased 2 and used the $10 coupon. 

Total Out of Pocket for supplies for 2 oil changes = $15.98



This is the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker we ordered from Amazon.com.  Go here to see how we got this for FREE!!

Total Out of Pocket = $0.00



Total Money Spent this Week = $96.71

My total is a little high this week but remember that includes supplies for 2 oil changes and my tomato & strawberry plants!

2 comments:

  1. My mom and I loved Planter's when we went last week! We stocked up on lots of spices. I can't wait to go back. And I don't think it'll be hard to get my husband to go back when I tell him about the cupcake shop, lol! :)

    We also went to Jamesport on Tuesday. What a neat little town. I loved all of the town shops and Amish shops. And we ate at Country Cupboard (at least I think that's what it was called). There was a little bit of a wait, but definitely worth it.

    Thank you for your suggestions! I never would have known about these places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--looks great!! All I've done so far this week is CVS. We have actually been living off of our stockpile of food for the last 6 weeks--took a little break from couponing, ready to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...