Friday, July 23, 2010

Super Savings Saturday 7/24

Here are my deals for the week:


This is definitely my best deal of the week.  Everything pictured in the basket above came from my garden

Total Out of Pocket = $0

There are a lot of Back to School Deals this week.  Go here to see why I purchase all of these school/office supplies.

Walgreens has some great back to school deals this week. Most of these deals do not have a limit this week so stock up!! Here is what I purchased:


1 pack Multi-Purpose Paper 400 sheets $1.99

1 Wooden Ruler $.09

1 Pencil Box $.49

3 packs Pilot G2 Pens $.19 each after IVC coupon

4 Highlighters $.09 each

2 Liquid Paper $.59 each

3 packs Eraser Caps $.39 each

3 packs Pink Erasers $.29 each

1 Glue Sticks 3 pack $.49

2 packs Bic Highlighters $.49 each

Total Out of Pocket = $8.19

Target has a few good back to school deals this week. Here is what I purchased:


4 boxes Crayola Crayons 24ct. $0.25 each

1 pair Target Children's Scissors $0.50

2 packs Bic Pens $0.60 each (used $1/2 coupon)

Total Out of Pocket = $1.70


I also went to K-Mart this week for some of their back to school deals. I am not a big fan of K-Mart and I usually avoid the store but I thought I would check out the back to school deals. This is the first time in a very long time that I went to K-Mart and they had everything on my list and I didn't have any issues at the register! Here is what I purchased:


4 boxes Crayola Crayons 24ct. $0.25 each

2 boxes Pencils $0.25 each

4 Elmers Glue Sticks 2ct. $0.25 each

3 packs Fine Tip Crayola Markers $1.00 each

Total Out of Pocket = $5.50

I went to Staples this week and I was very disappointed. This year you have to make a minimum $5.00 purchase to get the $0.01 deals.  I won't go into all the details but my transaction was a disaster and I ended up having to return everything and repurchase it. I spent more money than I intended and so I think I will skip the office stores and just shop for Back to School deals at CVS, Walgreens & Target. Here is what I purchased:


2 packs Index Cards $.25 each

2 Pencil Boxes $.25 each

1 Dry Erase Board $2.00

2 Rose Art Markers 10ct. $1.00 each

2 packs Bic Mechanical Pencils $.25 each

2 Staples School Glue $.01 each

Total Out of Pocket = $5.52

Connor & I went to Dollar Tree this week to look for cheap wooden spoons to make our soda bottle bird feeder.  We didn't find wooden spoons but I found this Betty Crocker Spatula and I really needed a new spatula!

Total Out of Pocket = $1.00


I didn't do any grocery shopping this week except for milk at Aldi ($2.66).  Our pantry & freezer are very well stocked right now so I just didn't need any groceries.


Total Money Spent this Week = $19.07

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job!! I am jealous of the school supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great school supplies deals! I haven't started on my daughter's list quite yet, but it looks like I'd better start soon. I'll be missing the deals.

    The produce from your garden looks amazing. I'm hoping to have a small garden next summer. This just inspires me to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...