Friday, August 13, 2010

Super Savings Saturday 8/14

Here are my deals for the week:


Once again, I skipped CVS this week because of the lack of deals and went to Walgreens.  Here is what I purchased:

  • 3 Walgreens Chap Block $.49 each

  • Sheet Protectors 50ct. $1.99

  • Dial NutriSkin Body Wash $3.99 (used $1 printable coupon here & received a $3.00 Register Reward)

  • Liquid Paper 2 pack $.99

  • Crayola Markers 10ct. $.99

  • 4 Elmer's Glue Stick 2 packs $.19 each
I used a $1.00 Register Reward from the Crayola deal last week.

Total Out of Pocket = $8.19



This was Connor's Walgreens shopping trip this week.  We are learning how to count money and make change so went on a field trip to Walgreens to practice!


Hen House has some great deals this week including FREE pens!  Bic pens are on sale 2/$1.00 and there is a $1/2 printable coupon here.  The Farmland Bologna is on sale $.99 each (used 2 $.55 coupons I received in the mail), Farmland Pork Tenderlion was $5.49 and it had a $1.00 peelie, Farmland Deli meat $3.00 (used $.55 coupon I received in the mail), Martha Gooch Pasta was $.48 each, Hen House bread was $1.39 & the locally grown peaches were $.68/lb.  I saved $.05 for bringing a reusable shopping bag.

Total Out of Pocket = $11.05
This week my parents were visiting.  My Mom has a Costco membership and offered to take me to Costco so I could check it out.  Several people have told me that Costco is much better than Sam's Club and so I wanted to do some price and selection comparison.  I was very disappointed.  I did not find a lot of differences between Costco & Sam's.  I did purchase a few things and they were a good price but I can find the same prices at grocery store sales, Wal-Mart & Target without the annual memebership fee.  I just do not understand the concept of paying a store to shop there.  I am going to pass on the Costco membership.

Here is what I purchased:

  • Bananas 3lbs. (not pictured) $1.32

  • Red Star Yeast 2lbs. $3.69

  • Lemon Juice 1 Liter $3.89

  • Carnation Instant Breakfast 30 packets $6.99

  • Contadina Tomato Sauce 12 pack $5.99

  • Blondie & Maple Sauce Mix (moment of weakness- not something I would normally buy) $3.97

Total Out of Pocket  = $25.85




I stopped at Wal-Mart to purchase to boxes of Wheat Gluten ($1.84 each).  I make a lot of bread but I do not buy bread flour.  I stock my pantry with Unbleached All Purpose Flour and Whole Wheat Flour and I do not have the room or desire to keep a third type of flour!  Whenever a bread recipe calls for bread flour I use regular flour and then add 1/4 cup Wheat Gluten and get the same results.  Wheat Gluten makes the bread "fluffy", makes it rise more and extends the freshness. 

I also purchased a gallon of milk (not pictured) for $2.88.

Total Out of Pocket = $6.56



Total Money Spent this Week = $51.65

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the savings! I got fee BIC pens at Publix.


    I would love it, if you would link up your savings at my Weekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free. I know my readers could learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the great deals! I'm not a walgreens fan but you got some great deals!


    PS There is a sweet deal on razors at cvs through today!
    http://www.livingthedomesticlife.com/2010/08/cvs-is-the-best-1-50/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wheat gluten tip. I had no idea that you could get the same results mixing that with all-purpose flour.

    Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome deals! Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up your savings at Frugality Is Free. I would love it, if you would come join
    The Sunday Twitter Exchange @ Frugality Is Free.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...