Thursday, January 13, 2011

Frugal Friday: Homemade All Purpose Cleaner

Making your own cleaning products is a great way to save money and to go green! 


Lemon Lavender All Purpose Cleaner
Boil 2 cups of water.  Remove from heat and add the borax.  Stir until completely dissolved.  Add the vinegar and allow the mixture to cool completely.  Pour mixture into a clean & empty spray bottle.  Add the essential oil.  Shake gently to mix.


Here are some of my other Homemade Cleaning Product Recipes that I have posted:

Here are some of my favorite books that have great ideas & recipes for Homemade Cleaning Products:


For more frugal ideas, visit Frugal Friday at Life as Mom.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I'm looking into making a lot more of our household products on my own in an effort to make our family more healthy and have less toxins in our home. I have one question, though, since I'm new to this. Where to you buy the essential oils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essential oils are available at most Health Food stores (Whole Foods, Wild Oats, etc.). Here in Kansas City, I purchase my essential oils at Green Acres Market (local health food store) and at Hy-Vee (local grocery store with a large health food department). There are also lots of online stores that carry essential oils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, do you have any recommendations for homemade floor cleaner? Today I ran out of the store bought mop soap and the last of my Tide. I have told myself when I run out of all of my store bought soap I'm going to start making homemade soap. Then I ran across a pin from pinterest that brought me to your page. Of course I had to become a follower because I don't live far from KC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,
    I have several recipes for floor cleaners and you can also use vinegar & water. One of my favorite recipes for floor cleaner is 1 gallon hot water, 2 Tablespoons liquid castile soap, 15 drops sweet orange essential oil & 1/4 cup lemon juice. I will definitely have to post some of my floor cleaner recipes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have to rinse this off the surface after cleaning since it contains borax? For example, if I cleaned our counters and kitchen table with this cleaner, woul I need to rinse it afterward?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not rinse after using. It contains a small amount of borax that is completely dissolved in the boiling water.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...