Saturday, January 8, 2011

Super Savings Saturday 1/8

This was the first week of my Eat from the Pantry Challenge.  For the month of January my weekly grocery budget is $20.  Most of this will go towards dairy & produce.  I will be using the food in my pantry & freezer stockpiles for our meals in January.  I will still be shopping at CVS & Walgreens and   I have a separate budget for these shopping trips.

Here are my deals for the week:

I did all of my grocery shopping at Aldi this week.

Total Out of Pocket = $19.72



Here is what I purchased at CVS this week:
  • 3 Kleenes $.88 each (used $.50/3 coupon)
  • Starbucks Coffee $6.99 (used $1 coupon)
  • Granola Bars 4/$10.00 (used $.75 coupon)
  • Excedrin $4.79** (used FREE coupon)
I used $6.99 in Extra Bucks.

Total Out of Pocket = $10.39 & I earned $8 in Extra Bucks

($3 Quarterly Extra Bucks, $1 Starbucks, $4 Granola Bars)


**I forgot to bring my other Excedrin coupons so I will go back tonight to purchase more and earn the $10 Extra Bucks.

I sent my husband to Walgreens this week and his transaction was a complete catastrophe but it worked out in our favor!  We have both tried to figure out what happened but neither one of us has been able to, especially the Register Rewards.

Total Out of Pocket = $9.89 & he brought home $6.00 in Register Rewards!


Total Money Spent on Groceries this Week = $19.72
($.28 under budget)

Total Money Spent this Week = $40.00






Watch Festival of Hope live from Hati on Sunday 1/9/11 starting at 1:30pm Eastern time.

Go here for more information on Samaritan's Purse Eternal Hope for Hati.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...