Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rubio's Lobster Taco Recipe


When I lived in California, Rubio's Baja Grill was one of my favorite restaurants.  There was one with walking distance of my work in Mission Viejo so I had Rubio's for lunch, A LOT!  Three years ago we went to Disneyland for vacation and so of course I had to eat at Rubio's at least once.  This was my husband's first experience with Rubio's and now he is hooked as well (he likes the lobster burrito & fish tacos).

After our vacation, I did some searching online and found this recipe for Rubio's Lobster Tacos.  It's not quite as good as the real thing but it is as close as I can get in the midwest!

For those of you that are West coasters, you can sign-up for Rubio's e-mail list and receive a coupon for a FREE taco!

Rubio's Baja Grill Lobster Tacos
  • 1 jar Salsa
  • 1 package Imitation Lobster Meat (or you can use the real stuff- I'm in the land-locked midwest so it is expensive & hard to get)
  • 1 cup Guacamole
  • Shredded Cabbage
  • Baja Sauce (equal parts plain yogurt, mayonnaise & salsa)
  • Corn Tortillas
  • Lime to Garnish
Marinate lobster in salsa for 1-2 hours. Stir fry lobster in a skillet for 2-3 minutes. Warm the corn tortillas in the oven, microwave or skillet. 

To assemble:  spread guacamole down the center of the tortilla, then lay in lobster, shredded cabbage and Baja sauce.  Fold over, garnish with lime slice, and serve.


This post is linked to:

1 comment:

  1. Love that you recreated recipe from Rubios. I love fish tacos too. Will try this recipe.
    (Came here from goodcheapeats :) )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...