Friday, July 30, 2010

Super Savings Saturday 7/31

Here are my deals for the Week:

Our neighbors have a dwarf peach tree and the branches were so loaded with peaches they were dragging the ground.  Our neighbors were very generous and offered to share some peaches so we went over and picked a basket full!

Total Out of Pocket = $0.00 & we had lots of fun picking peaches!!

I used some of the peaches to make a batch of peach jam.  Go here for the recipe (the recipe says blueberries but you can sub almost any fruit).



Hen House had blueberries on sale 5lbs. for $6.88 (sale ended 7/27/10) and so I purchased 5lbs.  Go here for some great blueberry recipes and directions how to freeze blueberries.  Go here to see what I did with 5lbs. of blueberries!

Total Out of Pocket = $6.88



This is all I purchased at CVS this week.  The deals at CVS have been minimal the past few weeks and there have been no great back to school deals.  Maybe they will have school supply deals in August!  Here is what I purchased:
  • 1 U by Kotex $4.99 (used $1 coupon from a FREE sample pack)
  • Dove Men Care 2 pack bar soap $3.00 (used $1 coupon- not sure where it came from)
  • 1 Nail Brush $1.98
I used $7.00 in Extra Bucks.

Total Out of Pocket = $.97 & I earned $6.99 in Extra Bucks!


Here is what I purchased at Walgreens this week:
  • 3 packs of Sheet Protectors 50ct. $1.99 each
  • 1 Mini Composition Notebook $.19
  • 1 Mini Spiral Notebook $.19
  • 2 Carry All Pencil Pouches $.59 each
  • 1 pack of Sharpies 2ct. $.69
  • 4 Index Card Cases $.39 each
Total Out of Pocket = $9.78

I went to K-Mart for a few school supply deals.  Here is what I purchased:
  • 4 Elmers School Glue $.25 each
  • 2 Rose Art Colored Pencils 12ct. $.50 each
  • 2 Quaker Oatmeal to Go Bars on Clearance $1.50 each
Total Out of Pocket = $3.50

My parents have been visiting from Arizonia this week and so we have been eating out more than usual.  I did not make any big grocery trips this week but if the sales are good next week I will do some restocking.  My freezer & pantry are still well stocked so I will only be looking for rock bottom prices at the grocery store!

Total Money Spent this Week = $21.13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...