Have you noticed all of the cleaning products at the store? There is a cleaning product for every surface. You can easily spend a small fortune on cleaning products. The retailers want you to believe you need to buy a kitchen countertop cleaner, stove top cleaner, oven cleaner, sink cleaner, floor cleaner, wood floor cleaner, bathroom cleaner, shower/tub cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, carpet cleaner, glass cleaner, etc.
I save a lot of money by making my own cleaners.I love to use vinegar for cleaning & as a fabric softener. Whenever I find the gallon bottles on sale (less than $2.00) I stock-up!
Here are some of my favorite websites, books & links to Homemade Cleaning Products:
- 1001 Uses for White Distilled Vinegar
- Vinegar: Over 400 Various, Versatile, and Very Good Uses You Probably Never Thought Of (by Vicki Lansky)
- The Naturally Clean Home (by Karyn Siegel-Maier)
- Clean House, Clean Planet (by Karen Logan)
- Clean & Green (by Annie Berthold-Bond)
- Homemade Automatic Shower Cleaner
- Homemade Laundry Soap
- Homemade Liquid Fabric Softener
- Homemade Microwave Cleaner
- Homemade Carpet Steamer Shampoo
- Homemade Dishwasher Detergent