Buttermilk Cheese Bread
- 1 1/8 cup Buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk, see substitution here)
- 3 cups Flour (I use 2 cups All Purpose & 1 cup Whole Wheat)
- 2 tablespoons *Wheat Gluten (in the baking aisle at the grocery store)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Yeast
Place all ingredients in Bread Machine according to the manufacturer's directions and set on dough cycle. When cycle is complete, place dough in a lightly greased loaf pan. Cover and let it rise for 1 hour. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
Wheat Gluten will give your bread a higher rise, better shape & texture and will extend the freshness of your bread.
This post is linked to:
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom