Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Egg Yolks (lightly beaten)
- 2oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate (squares or chips)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
1. Combine sugar, milk, salt, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer.
2. Place the egg yolks into a small bowl. Gradually stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot liquid. and return to the saucepan. Heat until thickened, but do not boil.
3. Remove from the heat, and stir in the chopped chocolate until chocolate is melted. Pour into a chilled bowl, and refrigerate for about two hours until cold, stirring occasionally.
4. When chocolate mixture has completely cooled, stir in the cream, and vanilla. Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
(Find out how I got this Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for FREE here!)
This post is linked to: