Friday, April 2, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day Update


I made a little progress on my Freezer Cooking Day list yesterday.  I was able to bake a loaf of Whole Wheat Sandwich bread and I made a dozen whole wheat hamburger/hot dog buns (6 of each).  The buns weren't on my original list but I decided to change my menu plan last night and I made one of our favorite dinners, hot dogs and  rice cooker macaroni & cheese.

I was also able to prepare 2 Freezer Meals with the pork I bought on sale at Price Chopper for $.97/lb. I added 2lbs. of pork for BBQ meat and 2 cups of BBQ sauce to a freezer bag.  Close the bag and label Rootbeer Pork BBQ.  Place in the freezer.  When I am ready to prepare it I place the frozen contents of the bag in my crockpot, add 1 can of rootbeer and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Serve on buns or hoagie rolls.



Tonight I am going to make the Chocolate Chip Cookie dough and  Molasses Cookies.  I will also assemble the Hashbrown Potato Casserole for Easter lunch and keep it in the refrigerator until Sunday.  Then I can just pop it in the oven for Easter Lunch.

I think I will save the English Muffins and Pancakes for Monday.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the Rice Cooker Mac N Cheese! What a fantastic idea! Plus, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...