Thursday, October 7, 2010

Frugal Friday: Homemade Bread


Store bought bread is expensive.  One of the ways that I cut my grocery budget is by making all of the bread for my family from scratch. It is a lot easier than you would think. I always use my bread machine to make the dough and then I prefer to bake it in the oven. There is nothing like hot, fresh, homemade bread from the oven!

Here are some of our family's favorite Bread Recipes:




For more frugal ideas, visit Frugal Friday at Life as Mom.

2 comments:

  1. I considered doing this but we usually only eat one 99 cent whole wheat loaf per week. When I make fresh bread it gets gobbled up. So do I make fresh more often and have us all eat more bread than we need or stick to the 99 cent stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarked this page. I buy our bread at a bakery thrift stores and get it pretty cheap but have been considering baking my own.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...