This weekend is Freezer Cooking/Baking Day day. The past 2 months my Baking Days have been major flops but this time I am ready!! I have all my ingredients and I have defrosted meat and I am ready to go. I also have my son, Chef Connor, and he will be assisting. I have a very long list so we will start today and finish up over the weekend. Here is our list.
Meat for the Freezer:
- Roast a Turkey (I purchased 3 turkeys at Thanksgiving and today I will be cooking the small one and portioning out the meat to freeze for meals this winter.)
- Meatballs (3lbs.)
- Pinto Beans
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Go here to see how I freeze it.)
- Spritzer Cookies (requested by Chef Connor)
- Easy Sourdough French Bread
- Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- Tomato Basil Bread
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Bread Machine Buttery Rolls
- English Muffins
- Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- Pita Bread
- Pumpkin Rolls (This is a great recipe! I have never tried freezing them so we will see what happens.)
I am already off to a good start! I finished making 3lbs. of Meatballs this morning and the turkey is in the roaster oven. I am off to start a dough cycle in the bread machine for a loaf of Tomato Basil Bread.
I will post Baking Day Updates this weekend and the final results on Monday.